Delicious and glamorous cocktails are in vogue once again! Why not surprise your family and guests with something a little more adventurous.
This cocktail originated in the American deep South and it is usually made with white or dark rum but for this Christmas celebration I am going to add Prosecco to the mint and sugar to make a refreshing cocktail.
Enjoy the bubbles and the lingering flavours of this perfect summer cocktail!
- 6 sugar cubes
- 20 mint leaves
- a bottle of Prosecco
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- In a mortar crush the mint and sugar cubes.
- Spoon in each Champagne glass a full tablespoon of the mixture.
- Fill the glass with Prosecco.
- Add some sparkling water.
- Stir the mixture with a bar spoon.
- Decorate the glass with mint leaves and maraschino cherries.
- Despite the simplicity of this cocktail the sugar and mint will bring life to the Prosecco. You do not need to buy an expensive bottle to make this cocktail.
- The sparkling water is optional to give the drink an extra fizz.
One thought on “MINT JULEP”
Fantastic, great for summer!!
Sent from my iPhone Cheers Silvia