Bring some warmth back into your home with this warm tart.
- 200g ready made puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons of almond meal
- 8 plums
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 20g butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 2 tablespoons plum jam
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a clean top to 3mm thick.
- Using a plate, cut a circle about 25cm in diameter.
- Lay the pastry flat onto a baking tray covered with wax paper. Crimp the edges using your fingers and sprinkle the almond meal with a spoon. Chill in the fridge while you are cutting the plums.
- Slice the plums thinly and place them onto the pastry sheet fanning them out. Start from the outside and work your way in. THE PLUMS SHOULD OVERLAP EACH OTHER.
6. Once all the plums have been laid out sprinkle over the caster sugar and dot with the cubed butter.
7. Brush the border with the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and risen around the edges.
8. Let the tart cool for a few minutes and brush it with the mixture of plum jam and nutmeg.
9. When ready to serve, place the tart onto a serving dish.
10. Serve with Chantilly cream or vanilla ice-cream.
- The almond meal absorbs most of the plum’s juices. Do not worry if you see too much juice coming out when you are cooking the tart. Just make sure that the puff pastry is cooked before you take it out the oven. The end result is a beautiful tart.