What can I say ?? I just love them!
Ingredients for the Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup Dulce de Leche
- Prepare the batter in a blender, place all the ingredients and blend at high speed for a few seconds. Turn off the machine, scraped down the sides of the jar with a rubber spatula, and then blend again for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour the batter into a bowl and refrigerate.
- The batter must be placed in the refrigerator, covered tightly, for a minimum of 2 hours before it is to be used. It is best to make it the day before.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and beat with a whisk until well blended. It will have separated in the refrigerator; don’t worried about that.
- Have ready small pieces of wax paper, a pastry brush, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and a metal spatula.
- Over a medium heat place your crepe pan for a minute or two to warm up. Brush with the melted butter and pour with a ladle a generous 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Tilt the pan to swirl the batter into a thin circle. Cook until lightly golden on the bottom and turn and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the remaining batter, you should have enough for 12 crepes.
- Spread each crepe with a heaped tablespoon of Dulce de Leche. Roll it up as you would a jelly roll.
- To serve cut 2 crepes per person diagonally and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- The batter can be frozen or it will keep in the lower part of the refrigerator for about 3 days
- Dulce de Leche is a caramel made with milk. Many Delis and gourmet stores carry ready-made Dulce de Leche.
- There is an easy way to make the Dulce de Leche. Buy a canned sweetened condensed milk. Place it in a large pot with boiling water and cook for 2 hours. let the can rest and cool before opening.