This is a simple no fuss recipe that will make a great summer dish. To cook your peppers on the BBQ, just break the eggs and season! This recipe is a real topic of conversation. Your guest will love looking at them in anticipation and then dipping their bread in the soft egg yolks.
- 4 red peppers, cut in half, seeds and white membrane removed
- 8 organic eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Heat the BBQ to a medium-heat flame. Spray or brush the grill with a bit of vegetable oil.
- Arrange the peppers cut-side up on the BBQ. Brush the peppers with a bit of olive oil and season with salt.
- Break each egg inside each pepper half and season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the pepper baskets with a bit of olive oil.
- Close the BBQ lid and let the peppers cook until they are juicy and the eggs are just set and soft.
- It will take around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve them with a green salad and a nice chunk of farm bread.
- I like to use red peppers for this recipe. I love their colour and I also think they are sweeter. You can also use yellow peppers if you want. I find that the green peppers once cooked on the BBQ can be a bit bitter.