What I like most about this recipe is the reward you receive. Once the potatoes are done they look beautiful and the taste is fantastic. This is a recipe that I have very few words to say … It is simple, delicious, and perfect!
- 1 1/2 kg of purple potatoes, do not peel them
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- melange of peppercorns, whole
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Thinly slice the potatoes with a mandolin.
- In a large bowl with olive oil, salt and peppercorns toss the potatoes to combine.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
- Stack the potatoes in even rows. Randomly place the sage leaves between the potato layers.
- Roast for approximately one hour until they are golden and crispy. Use a small knife and insert it inside the potatoes to make sure they are cooked.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes and serve.
- The quantity of potatoes used depends on the size of your baking dish.
- Do not use extra virgin oil, when cooked for too long it can become bitter. Use vegetable oil if you want.
- You can use purple potatoes, Sebago or Royal delight potatoes.