I am delighted to share this recipe with my followers. It is so simple and yet so delicious!
- 4 salmon slices
- 4 slices of Italian prosciutto di Parma or Spanish Serrano ham
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Blanch the asparagus spears in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 or 2 minutes. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water, then tip into a bowl of ice-cold water to cool completely. Drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper towel.
- Rub the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (not too much salt because the ham has salt).
- Arrange 3 or four asparagus spears, trimming them down as necessary.
- Lightly wrap a slice of Prosciutto Di Parma around each bundle and place them on a baking tray lined with oven paper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes (this depends on the size of the salmon pieces), or until the salmon wraps are cooked through.
- To serve, arrange the salmon wraps on serving plates and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve this salmon with a good green salad or with gratin potatoes.
- Do not overcooked the salmon!