There are so many gorgeous and tasty fish in Western Australia but my favourite is Barramundi. I enjoy this colourful and flavour packed fish which has an amazing firm texture that makes it very easy to cook.
This recipe is just the perfect marriage of Far East and Australian flavours. Look out for this tempting dish and enjoy it.
- 4 Barramundi fillets
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- salt to taste
- 280ml coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 300g baby spinach
- Combine barramundi, oil, turmeric and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the barramundi skin-side down, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until it is just cooked through.
- Combine the coconut cream, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a frying pan with very little oil add the spinach and cook for one minute.
- Then add the coconut cream mixture and cook, turning until the spinach is cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the serving plates. Top with the barramundi.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- I like to prepare the sauce first and keep it warm while the fish is cooking.
- I like to serve this fish with coconut Jasmin rice.