Let’s go back to the kitchen and make meals easier!
Do you have frozen peas ?? I am sure you do .. with a few other ingredients I have made this classic soup as effortless as possible.
You can’t beat the colour and flavour of this soup. I truly enjoy making this delicious recipe during these very cold days and I hope you will too.
- 500gm frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 800ml light chicken stock
- 1 bunch of garden mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of caster sugar
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and shallot and sweat gently until soft but not coloured.
- Add the peas and the stock and bring quickly to the boil. Cook until the peas are slightly soft to the touch.
- Place the mixture into a blender adding the garlic, sugar, mint, salt and pepper.
- Blend until totally smooth.
- Put the soup back into the pan and bring to the boil and serve.
- Garnish the soup with a mint sprig and a dot of crème fraiche.
- I used homemade chicken stock but you can use the low salt ones sold in the supermarkets.
- I am a big fan of frozen peas because they cook well and keep their beautiful green colour.