Ballymaloe is a family run business which makes a very popular tomato relish in Ireland. My daughter and I fell in love with this product and we wanted to use it in a recipe to share this flavourful product with friends and family in Dublin. The end result was just magic!
- 1 whole Camembert
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of Ballymaloe tomato relish (Original Relish)
- Unpack the cheese but leave the camembert in its wooden box
- Score the top rind of the cheese with a small knife. Insert in each small pocket a spring of thyme and a garlic slice.
- Spoon the tomato relish over the top of the Camembert. Spread the sauce evenly.
- Bake the Camembert in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with toasted bread chunks.
- Make sure you buy the Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Make sure that the bottom half of the Camembert box is closed properly, otherwise the box will split while it is cooking and the end result will be a big mess of melted cheese.
- If you are not sure, just wrap the bottom half of the cheese in foil paper. This will keep the cheese in shape.