It has been a nice Summer and Autumn is just around the corner. Today it is curry night at home; tender chunks of chicken in a smooth, rich, spicy and creamy sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 6 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 handfuls of coriander (stalk and leaves), finely chopped
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1x400g tin diced tomatoes
- 250ml chicken stock
- 180ml Greek yoghurt
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with two tablespoons of the butter. Add the finely sliced onion and the pieces of chicken, and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter as well as the garlic, the grated fresh ginger, the ground cumin, the Garam Masala, the ground cardamom, and the finely chopped fresh coriander. Mix all the ingredients well and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes, the chicken stock and the red chili.
- Increase the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Make sure that the spices are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down, and stir in the Greek yoghurt. Gently heat up again.
- Serve with Basmati rice and fresh coriander leaves.
- You can make the curry the day before up to step 3. Next day warm it up and add the Yoghurt.
- If you like your curry hotter just add another red chilli and break it with a spoon when the curry is cooking.
3 thoughts on “Every Day Chicken Curry”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Thank you for following my blog! This curry recipe is easy and tasty!
You’re welcome !