Let’s get back to the kitchen!
Fancy a taste of England?
I am sure that most of us at this moment in time are living in self isolation in our homes and I am also sure that most of us do have a can of Heinz Beans in the pantry.
This recipe is simple but hearty and ready to serve in no time. By adding a few more ingredients this English icon will become a must-serve dish for lunch and the family will love it too!
- 1 can 555g Heinz Beanz in Ham sauce
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (Italian parsley), finely chopped.
- bread to toast
- Heat the two spoons of oil in a pan over low heat. Cook the onion, garlic and thyme, stirring for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mustard and sugar and combine well all the ingredients. Cook for another minute.
- Warm the baked beans in a small pan over a medium heat or in the microwave.
- Toast your bread and divide the beans among the toasted bread.
- Spoon the onion and mustard mixture over each toast and sprinkle with the parsley leaves.
- Heinz Beans are high in fibre, low in fat, and a great source of protein.
- Place an egg on top and your meal is done.