Let’s get back to the kitchen!
No more waste!
Coronavirus is teaching me that there is not a happier place than my kitchen in my home. I feel safe, and very creative. It is forcing me to cook with whatever I have in my pantry, my kitchen, and in my garden.
I guess I can just eat a pear as it is before it goes bad or slice whatever cheese I have at hand … but I have a lot of time on my hands to create and transform simple ingredients into dishes that make me feel alive and tease all my senses.
This salad makes me feel alive with every bite!
- 40g butter
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 firm brown pears, quartered and cored
- 1/2 cup waltnuts
- rocket leaves
- Sweet Gorgonzola cheese (dolce)
- Place the butter, vinegar, and sugar in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the pears and walnuts and cook until the pears are just soft and golden brown.
- Place the rocket leaves on serving plates and top with the pears and walnuts.
- Spoon on the pan juices and top the salad with a slice of the Gorgonzola Dolce.
- Instead of pears use apples, plums, nectarines, apricots, or peaches.
- Instead of walnuts use almonds, pecans, or macadamias.
- Instead of rocket (arugula) use any salad leaves you have in the garden or in the fridge.
- Instead of cider vinegar use red wine or white wine vinegar or just white vinegar.
- And … finally use any cheese you have, caramelised fruits always enhance any cheese.