Grilled stone fruit and a smooth and boozy cream make an irresistible combination!
- 200ml muscat apricot flavour or any other dessert wine
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 apricots, quartered and stoned
- 2 nectarines, quartered and stoned
- 2 peaches, quartered and stoned
- 2 plums, quartered and stoned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250ml double cream, or whipping cream
- Combine the wine and honey in a large shallow dish and stir in the rosemary.
- Add the prepared fruit and mix well. Leave it to stand covered in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the fruit and rosemary from the juices and set aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Stir in 4 to 6 tablespoons of the wine marinate and the lemon juice. Whip again until the cream is once again thick and peaking.
- Spoon into serving glasses and chill.
- Preheat the barbecue grill to high.
- Thread the fruit onto skewers and cook, turning occasionally for 2 minutes, or until chard and piping hot.
- Serve with the syllabub in small glasses or bowls.
- Then pour the remaining marinate into small glasses for the guests to add to the fruit.
- Cook the fruit at the last minute.
- Do not overcooked the fruit or it will end up mushy.
- Use only one small sprig of Rosemary otherwise it will overwhelm the fruit flavour.