This is one of my favourite salads, it is delicious, tasty, veg-packed and budget friendly.
It is perfect for a super lunch!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 long chillies
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Nigella seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup curry leaves, torn
- 500g heirloom tomatoes, red, yellow, and purple
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Curry leaves to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a large tray with a tea towel and spread the chickpeas to absorb the excess moisture.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the chillies in half lengthways, remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl combine the chillies, mustard seeds, Nigella seeds, turmeric, curry leaves, tomatoes and chick peas with the olive oil.
- Season the mixture with salt and toss well to combine all the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture in your lined baking tray.
- Bake the salad mixture turning it occasionally, until the tomatoes have collapsed.
- To serve, drop a big blob of yogurt on top of the salad,
- Drizzle the yoghourt with the juices left in the tray.
- Decorate the salad with fresh curry leaves.
- Top the yoghourt with the with the juices left in the tray. This will add more flavour to the salad.
- Do not overcooked the mixture because the chickpeas will dry and the tomatoes will loose their shape.
- If you think you need more olive oil just add more.
2 thoughts on “CHICKPEA SALAD”
OMG it looks delicious, I love chickpeas!!!
Sent from my iPhone Cheers Silvia
Veg-packed, and delicious!