EAT THE SEASONS!
Avocados should always be the star of your dish. In my opinion people take them too far and I believe just adding a few ingredients that enhance their flavour is a better way to eat them. Salt, lemon juice, a good vinegar and olive oil does the trick!
In this recipe the Feta adds saltiness and the tomatoes adds sweetness to the avocados. It is simplicity at its best.
- 4 slices sourdough, toasted
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 150grams Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of baby tomatoes cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra- virgin olive oil
- Edible flowers to decorate
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash it gently into a chunky constancy (rustic style) then add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spread each sourdough slice with the smashed avocado .
- Garnish each slice with the Feta cubes, and tomatoes halves.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper and salt.
- Drizzle each toast with extra- virgin olive oil
- Decorate each toast with edible flours. They not only look good but taste good too!
- Serve immediately! Avocados loose their colour and texture as soon as they are exposed to the air.
- Salt and lemon bring out the best of the avocados so be generous.
- Use good quality freshly baked Sourdough.
- I like to toast my bread in a hot scorching pan with a bit of butter to create a char.
- Edible flowers are not only yummy but add a little touch of beauty to this simple toast, your guests will be impressed.