These small Lamb koftas are easy to prepare. They are ready in less than half an hour!
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt to taste
- Zatar, to serve
For the sauce
- 40g or a large handful of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mix together the lamb with the spices and garlic, and season well.
- Mould into 8 long patties with your hands and thread onto skewers.
- Grill on the barbecue for about 5 minutes on each side until charred and cooked through.
- Sprinkle over the Zatar.
- For the sauce, just whizz up all the ingredients with 2 tablespoons of water.
- To serve make a mix salad with Lebanese cucumbers, red onions, fresh pomegranate seeds, chopped tomatoes and mint. Toss all the ingredients together with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and a bit of Zataar.
- Serve on the side hommus and plain yoghurt.
- ZA’ATAR is a blend of spices popular in Middle Eastern and Levantine cuisine.