Let’s go back to the kitchen!
Flatbread is paper thin and can be toasted in the oven for a few minutes. The result is a crunchy cracker that takes this salad to the next level.
In this salad anything goes. Do not be afraid of experimenting and using the ingredients you love.
This is my own version, I like to use fruits, salad leaves and Spanish Jamon. The combination of these ingredients are like heaven on earth.
- Flatbreads bought in the supermarket
- Mixed green salad leaves
- 1 large brown pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Spanish ham slices ( Jamon Iberico)
- Figs cut into quarters or thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Method for the Salad
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the flatbreads on the oven rack and toast them until they are slightly brown and crackling.
- To make the vinaigrette, put the lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad, dress the mixed greens with half of the vinaigrette.
- Set a flatbread on each plate.
- Top the flatbreads with dressed mixed greens, tomato slices, pear slices, figs, and Spanish ham ( Jamon Iberico).
- Sprinkle finely cut parsley and drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the top and serve immediately.
- You must serve the flatbread immediately or they will loose their crunchy texture.