A generous bowl of pasta, lightly sauced and steaming in the centre of your table is an everyday satisfying staple.
This recipe is definitely a winner. It is easy and inviting, you will never want to dine out again!
- 100g butter, cut in 1 cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 3/4 cup cream
- 50g freshly grated parmesan
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 500g tagliatelle a nido
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 24 large green olives, stoned and chopped coarsely
- 150g thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into large pieces
- Melt 25g of the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until soft and translucent .
- Add the cream, parmesan, pepper and nutmeg and bring to the boil
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the remaining butter, a few pieces at a time.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Quickly mix the water and olives into the cream sauce.
- Then toss in the pasta and prosciutto and serve at once on warm plates.
- Sprinkle each plate with finely chopped green olives and fresh Italian parsley.
- You must have all the ingredients ready. Once the pasta is cooked you must quickly toss all the ingredients together and serve immediately.
- If you can’t find prosciutto, you can use Jamon Serrano (Spanish ham).
- If you want the pasta sauce creamy add more cream, but if you want the sauce less creamy add more of the water you cooked the pasta in.
3 thoughts on “TAGLIATELLE IN OLIVE CREAM SAUCE”
This pasta dish is simply delicious!
It is a great recipe! thank you for following my cooking blog.