EAT THE SEASONS!
Za’atar is an aromatic mix of thyme, sesame seeds and sumac. It is just perfect for this recipe.
Put a twist in your Easter feast. Have trout!
- 1 tablespoon of Za’tar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 lemons cut into wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 260g trout fillet, cut into chuncks
- 1 zucchini, cut into slices
- 100g full fat yogurt
- 25g harissa paste
- In a bowl mix together the za’atar, garlic, half lemon zest, the olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add the trout and zucchini and leave to marinate for at least one hour.
- Mix together the yogurt, the remaining lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Swirl through the harissa paste. Set aside in the fridge.
- Thread the trout and zucchini onto the skewers.
- Place a griddle pan on high heat. When hot cook the trout skewers for 3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with harissa yogurt and lemon wedges on the aside.
- Za’atar can be found in Middle Easter shops. If you can’t find it you can substitute the marinate with a blend of ground thyme, sumac, sesame seeds, salt and olive oil ground in a mortar..
- Salmon is also a good fish for this recipe.